Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Technology...I never had that as a kid

As I think about all the technology we have, I'm reminded of the fact that many of the things that are common to kids today (iPods, the internet, cell phones, etc.) weren't even heard of when I was a kid. And it wasn't all that long ago that I was. :) It's amazing to think about how much technology has been developed in the last 20-30 years, and then to wonder how it will continue to develop in the next 20-30. My generation is one of the last to grow up without knowing what the internet is. And who knows...maybe one of these days cell phones will be outdated.

In looking for quotes on technology, I found several that I really liked, but this one seems to help puts things in perspective:

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." ~Elbert Hubbard

No comments: